Monday, August 31, 2009

Blossom Tree, by VieiraGirl

Blossom Tree, by VieiraGirl

Upon viewing this beautiful pink print a wonderful childhood memory came rushing back into my head. And for this, I am grateful to have found this seller and her prints.

When I look at this print I feel fuzzy, and I mean that in the most positive way! Not only does it look texturally "fuzzy", but it brings back a "fuzzy" memory of my family and I sitting under cherry blossom trees in Japan, welcoming spring. I can't remember specific details of this event, but I can feel the memory. If I close my eyes I can put myself back in time, sitting on a blanket, eating sweet treats and being slightly blinded by the warm sun seeping its way through the pink blossom petals, just as VieiraGirl depicted in her print.

I always love how certain smells, sounds and even images can rush a memory to the present. It is fascinating what the mind can store and surprise you with years later.

Not only do I love how senses act as a time machine, but I also love how art can evoke a distant emotion. Art is amazingly powerful and everyone can relate to certain pieces differently. Even though the creation is the product of an artist, the connection that someone feels is a personal relationship to the piece and one's own memory. In that way I think art as communication is one of the most powerful forms of expression.

VieiraGirl depicts the wonders of color in nature through her prints. I love how she focuses on one thing, like a tree, a blossom, poppy petals. They make these natural wonders stand out and allow you to bask in their color. Not only do I enjoy looking at the prints in her shop but I enjoyed the journey she led me back to.

Thank you, VieiraGirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment