Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Deep Red Dolphin Necklace, by Judie Gumm Designs

"The Deep Red Dolphin Necklace", by Judie Gumm Designs

What a necklace!

I know Judie Gumm personally and have always admired her jewelry. She recently opened her Etsy shop and I recommend visiting her shop and looking at her nature-inspired jewelry, it is incredible.

This necklace has a strand of faceted carnelian beads and each bead brings out the details of the oyster shell in the cab setting. I never knew oyster shells could look so daring and colorful, the orange is stunning. I really love how Judie set a peridot stone on the pendant, the color combination is simply eye-catching. The orange-green combo is a beautiful set to wear for this time of year.

I have seen this necklace in person and I can guarantee you that it is MORE beautiful than what the photograph shows ( even though the photo is very well done ). It is a very unique piece and has a very strong design. There are a lot of delicate features to it, like the diamond and dolphins swirling the pendant, but what I love most is how the oyster setting breaks the delicacies of the necklace and turns it into a statement. This is a definite conversation piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment