Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Raven with Lava Beads, by Alex Metal Arts


Raven with Lava Beads, by AlexMetalArts

The first thing that caught my eye about this necklace is the oxidized raven on the silver pendant - gorgeous! And so dramatic! The lighting shows you just how smooth the surface of the pendant is and gives you an idea of just how much time and effort it took to construct its shapely perfection.

In the item description, Alex describes ravens as being an important mythological character, as a "harbinger of death to the creator of the world". As volcanoes spew lava, a matter that destroys and creates life after it hardens and settles, this necklace carries an even deeper meaning that adds even more drama to the entire ensemble.

I appreciate the simplicity of the photograph, I like the gradiated grey background that brings more attention to the pendant. The angle is interesting, again, it shows off the pendant!

Alex has several pieces with ravens, all are amazing. I encourage everyone to visit his shop (and drool over your keyboards).


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my raven necklace on your new blog! And, thanks for helping to promote all things handmade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love that!! Seeings as how I live in Bend and all :) Andi I love this blog. You rock. I can't believe you're going living in Seattle. Now I have even MORE reason to visit!
    PS I'm signed in as Erin but this is Niki. >:)

    ReplyDelete